Hawthorne, CA—AEM has released new software for its X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge and has validated it to work with EFI Live Flashscan V2 software on 2008-up vehicles. To accommodate this software update, the old X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauge part number (30-0333) has been superseded to PN 30-0334.
The X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauge is also validated to work with HP Tuners software on 2008-up vehicles, providing tuners who are using either reflash programs with the ability to view AFR in the software and deliver the most accurate, safe and powerful tune!
The X-Series Wideband AFR OBDII Gauge includes an OBDII pass-through connector and Bosch 4.9LSU sensor. The OBDII output simulates an auxiliary ECU signal when plugged into a vehicle’s OBD port, which is able to be identified in the EFI Live Flashscan V2 software. Setup is easy and performed through the buttons on the gauge face. The gauge’s default settings are configured to work with Flashscan software, so the only required setting is to select whether one or two X-Series OBDII wideband gauges are being used. Once this selection is made, the gauge(s) can be identified in the EFI Live software in three simple steps.
PATENTED X-DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY (#9,575,030) – It’s The Fastest
X-Series Widebands are the fastest responding wideband air/fuel ratio controllers in independent testing against 17 other wideband UEGO air/fuel controllers1. The controller’s high speed digital implementation ensures no loss of signal fidelity and full transient response, making it able to identify the slightest fluctuations in AFR and output them in full value.
WHY RESPONSE TIME MATTERS
Faster response time improves wideband feedback control, and can provide a safer, more powerful and accurate tune. AEM’s Wideband Controllers with X-Digital technology can reduce deadtime and improve the performance of your vehicle through more accurate AFR tuning.
FACTORY CALIBRATION RESISTOR OR FREE-AIR CAL, IT’S YOUR CHOICE!
The X-Series Wideband Gauge and X-Series Inline Controller support the popular Bosch 4.9LSU sensor and can utilize both the factory calibration resistor and free-air calibration methods. This allows users to take advantage of the precise factory resistor calibration when a sensor is new but then allows for free-air calibrations if the user desires when the sensor ages. It’s the perfect marriage of simplicity and accuracy!
X-SERIES OBDII WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER FEATURES (PN 30-0334):
- The Fastest Responding Wideband AFR Controller
- Validated to work with EFI Live Flashscan V2 and HP Tuners software
- OBDII pass through provides AFR readings through the factory ECU CAN-bus – Ideal for users with piggyback programmers or open source tuning software
- Includes Bosch 4.9LSU wideband UEGO sensor
- Use the factory 02 calibration or free-air calibrate using buttons on faceplate
- Compatible with vehicle/system voltages up to 16V
- Optional outputs are AEMnet, 0-5V & RS232 for data logging and feedback control (requires wiring)
- Can display Lambda values to 2nd decimal
- 52mm gauge diameter and slim 0.825” gauge depth
- Gauge cup depth only .200” deep!
- Auto dimming feature
- User configurable display via buttons on the gauge face for changing AFR values, Lambda and O2%, 3- or 4-digit display and OBDII output settings (if necessary)
- Black bezel and black dual faced AFR/Lambda faceplate included (silver bezel/white gauge option sold separately, PN 30-0300-ACC)
- Locking connectors
X-SERIES WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER OUTPUT & DISPLAY VALUES:
- Display Gasoline values from 8.0:1 to 20.0:1 AFR
- Display Lambda values from .55 to 2.00
- 0-5V Output Gasoline values from 8.5:1 to 18.0:1 AFR
- CANbus Output Gasoline values from 8.0:1 to 20.0:1 AFR
- CANbus Output Lambda values from .55 to 2.00
- 0-5V Output Lambda values from .58 to 1.23
- 0-5V Output E85 values from 5.7:1 to 12.0:1 AFR
- 0-5V Output Ethanol values from 5.2:1 to 11.0:1 AFR
- 0-5V Output Methanol values from 3.75:1 to 8.0:1 AFR